Thursday, December 5, 2013

Chilled

We had a wee bit of snow this week, huge flakes falling from the sky.  They melted as they touched ground.
 
We have freezing temperatures even during the day, barely reached 34 degrees.  Likely at our address, which backs up to a large nature park, we are usually at least 5 degrees less.

The forest that looms behind us.

Snow expected by this weekend.   Brrrrr.

Busy though.  Huge load to charity drop.  Some items to consignment.  Either way a nice sizable pile out of the house and onto their future homes to be reused.  I am trying to avoid tossing anything, I want to keep things out of landfill.  I know it drives DH batty that I want to find homes for these items even just giving them away.  I cannot abide by making usable items trash, seems so wasteful.  I spent good money on these items and I know there is someone out there who can use it;  to me that is a perfect formula.  The unperfect part is getting item to person without a huge amount of interaction with a huge amount of folks and people coming to the house.  I think the charity place will be seeing a lot of me.
 
Next up, sorting through photos.  Getting rid of duplicates.  Then scanning (digitizing) the keepers.  I started using digital photography in 2001.  I was not a big photographer before then.  I assume maybe digitize 300 or so photos.  It will be a great project for end of December.
 
DH and I sat and looked through some of the photos, had a great trip down memory lane. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a hard time convincing my husband to just donate what we can't sell. While he was downstairs at our estate sale, I was just telling some people to take things for free and happy holidays:-}}. I totally agree that I'd rather donate it than throw it away. I never even thought of the photo albums!!! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete